Relaxation Massage in Edmonton
We are providing affordable relaxation massage therapy services at both our North and South locations. Book your appointment online or give us a call to schedule!
What is a Relaxation massage?
As the name suggests, relaxation massage is a massage therapy that focuses on offering general relaxation, relieving muscle tension, and improving blood circulation. Its main goal is to help the client in overcoming the demands of their mundane tasks and taking quality time to recover from the stresses of daily life. During relaxation massage therapy, you can expect the treatment to involve:
- Gliding, long, smooth, strokes that are both rhythmic and flowing
- The pressure that is deeply relaxing, yet not painful
- A treatment designed to relax and soothe you, although it does not relieve chronic pain or other conditions
- A professional therapist who also takes the massage environment into account involving this such as soothing music, warm towels, and occasionally uses essential oils to enhance both the environment and the effects of the massage
What are the benefits of relaxation massage?
The same as other styles of massage, the benefits of a relaxation massage mostly last several days after receiving the treatment. While it might not cure any health problem, getting regular massage, specifically relaxation massage, can offer the following benefits:
- Relieves back and neck pain
- Promote peripheral circulation
- Promote skin tone and appearance
- Promote gastrointestinal motility, at the same time improving bowel movement, and overall digestion
- Reduces muscle tension including the relief of muscle tension headaches
- Relieves any stress-related symptoms such as providing a boost to the immune system after undergoing regular treatments
- Improves sleep
- Promotes healing of minor skin abrasions
- Speeds up recovery of soft tissue injuries
- Promote a range of motion
- Promotes relaxation
Can my health insurance cover relaxation massage?
Depending on your private health insurance policy, you can claim an insurance rebate for a relaxation massage. This is because some insurance companies cover massage therapy services so long as they are brought as part of a licensed health professional’s prescribed treatment for medical conditions. Also, your massage therapist and you will be required to prove that the treatment being received has made a noticeable and significant difference to the underlying condition. It is important to check with your health fund provider the extent of your coverage.
How to choose a relaxation massage therapist?
The definition of relaxation differs from individual to individual. While some may associate it with gentle Swedish massage, others may prefer more pressure applied to their layers of muscle. However, it is vital to work with a therapist whose experience reflects the type of massage that you need.
Relaxation massage practitioners are trained in the important massage strokes used specifically for Swedish massages such as effleurage, circular friction massage, vibration, tapping, and kneading. Apart from being highly experienced, they are skilled to conduct themselves professionally in the workplace. They understand the fact that each client has their own preference, so what works for one may not work for another. This helps them meet clients’ expectations.
Qualification is the key when looking for a therapist who can offer you effective relaxation massage treatment. The therapist should at least have a Certificate in Massage Therapy, which is the minimum qualification required. Make sure that they exhibit these key qualities:
- Good listener and communicator
Dr. Song Acupuncture And Massage clinic always has experienced and certified massage therapists available for you. Call or book online for your massage therapist near you.